Friday, January 20, 2006

Thursday 26th January 2006

Livvy, Persy, Lucia, Irvive, James, Jody and Mark were all up for a full-on 90 minute training session. I don't know if the dry statics helped or not, but I think we'll try them a few more times - maybe every other week.

James and Jody were Dyn NF, Livvy and Irvine mainly statics, while Persy, Lucia and Mark all practised their dynamic rescues. I would ask all of you to consider your training and rescue abilities when you are in the pool ( especially dynamics ). How far away is your partner....would they be able to lift you effectively if you were sunken in the deep end....when did you last practise a rescue? Personally, I wouldn't want to be training alongside someone if I wasn't confident that I could effect an immediate rescue of them should they get into difficulty. Why not build in a practise rescue into your training schedule? They are fun, and serve a very worthwhile purpose.